WellYou Lecture Series
Join us for a wellness lecture series in partnership with University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Public Health. This series will cover a variety of self-care topics to improve total health outcomes through an integrative wellbeing model that encompasses psychosocial, mental, physical, spiritual, and sexuality components.
- January: Quick Meals for Optimum Nutrition - Dietetics Department
- February: Spicing Up Your Relationship - Public Health Department
- March: Personal Well-being: A Complex Web (What we know and how to affect what can we control) - Demography & Public Health Department
- April: Functional Movement & Strength Training for Longevity - Kinesiology Department
- May: Power of Civic Engagement: The benefits of volunteering for yourself and your community - PAD & Community Partner Departments
- June: Aging and Caring: Caring for yourself while caring for our elderly - Sociology Department
- July: Mindfulness: Living in the Moment - Social Work Department
- August: Creating a Well Family: Routines, Individuality and Expectations - Psychology Department
- September: Dietary Supplements: Separating fact from fiction - Dietetics & Kinesiology Departments
- October: Mindfulness: Living in the Moment- Social Work Department
- November: Holiday Time: How to shop safely in person and online - Criminology Department
Laura Krohn, Director of Wellness, Recreation & Retail for Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness at La Cantera Resort & Spa has a profound understanding of wellness services and its potential impact on a community’s well-being. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition Science and a master’s in Public Health which gives her a unique perspective on the world of wellness practices including the science behind the compassionate delivery of spa services.
Krohn continually explores new modalities and science to expand the spa and wellness programming at Loma De Vida. Her research led her to Dr. Sara Oswalt, professor, and chair of the department of public health for the University of Texas at San Antonio. This new partnership seeks to open more community dialogue and access to resources for living your best, most vibrant, life.
The 2021 Speaker Series embraces science-based best practices and education and will be a hybrid of virtual and event gatherings in collaboration with various community organizations who serve the region. The Loma de Vida WellYou Lecture Series was enhanced and launches in 2021 with self-care topics to improve total health outcomes through an integrative wellbeing model that encompasses psychosocial, mental, physical, spiritual, and sexuality components.